Gageing interest for a free class on rapid prototyping in Flash in the Los Angeles area.Â Flash can be a powerful ally in developing mockups, prototypes, it's easily integrated with
graphics, video, images, and animation, yet I run into a large number of IA and IxD'er who think the tool isn't for them (!).
For those of you not into the acronyms.
- IA is Information Architecture,Â early stage breaking applications into wireframes and copy.
- IxD is Interaction/Interactive Design,Â - starting to break away from page metaphors, and start getting into applications, workflows.
- XD is Experience Design,- merging workflow with narrative, and a cinematic, broadcasty feel.
- UX is User Experience - similar to User Centric Design, making sure that the information experience however delivered is gender, culture, and workflow appropriate.
Here's what I'm contemplating:
- Flash basics, if you use Visio, you have most of the skills already,
- how to create mockups using basic animation, these are very useful in group meetings
- whiteboard sessions and storeboards converted to interactive wireframes or low fidelity prototypes.
- illustrator and photoshop high fidelity prototypes.
- interactive design patterns (media players, collections, login)
- using animation to create more narrative UI's
- specing interactive applications with flow and state diagrams,
Any suggestions of topics you'd like to see? would you be interested in attending?